http://www.zazzle.com/artology*

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Very Upset

First of all, I'm very upset about the story I recently read about the faux fur fallacy. I've even been losing sleep over this, and I think there aren't very many other people concerned about this. I don't understand why there isn't more of a reaction in the news community (yet?). Let me tell you a few of the reasons why I think there should be worldwide backlash:

  • Consumer deception--People who may have the right intentions, wanting to buy fake fur to save the lives of innocent animals, are being deceived. How horrible I would feel if I found out the fur-trimmed jacket I bought was really someone's German shepherd puppy pelt.
  • People are losing pets--beloved family members, children's playmates, cuddly pets are being stolen. How heartbroken I would feel if I found out my sweet Pomeranian had been kidnapped and then tortured for his fur. It's unbearable to think about.
  • Unimaginable pain and suffering--These animals are undergoing the kind of pain and horror we usually only see in horror films of serial killers on a bloody rampage. It's gruesome and inhumane on so many levels. Just because they are dogs or cats doesn't mean we should treat them like this. Watching their cell-mates skinned alive, seeing their bodies hanging around, waiting for the same fate they know is coming . . . Crying as they are strangled but still alive, helpless to stop the pain as they feel their own flesh being torn from their bodies . . . It's a fate no one and no being should have to go through.
  • This isn't justifiable in any way--Animals being killed not for food, but for fur. There's no higher purpose to the killings, just vanity. The suffering of these animals is something people around the world have tried to prevent, but it's still going on, and it's worse than before. The deception, the kidnapping, the torture are all things people are believing do not exist.
  • Don't we owe it to humanity to check into this? I know I am horrified thinking that this might be going on. I've been losing sleep over the fact that I know I cannot stop the next animal from suffering unimaginably, that there will be more and more before the truth can come to light. If it isn't true, wonderful. Wonderful! But if it is true, we need to do something. Can't we investigate? Please? I feel helpless right now.
More nights of sleeplessness await, I know. And over an issue that isn't yet confirmed. But I need to know. And I need to know when it is stopped, if this is confirmed in any way. I beg for people to help.

One more reason for disappointment on my part is the fact that I had a pointless doctor visit yesterday. The doctor basically told me he didn't know what was causing my pain, gave me a prescription for something that would alleviate symptoms I don't have, and told me to follow up with the doctor who sent me to him in the first place. Typical medical community two-step that I danced back in San Antonio before I moved here. I miss Doctor Roldan. He always helped me, had great intuition, and never left questions unanswered. Great caring doctor. I wish I could drive home just to see him, but I don't think my insurance would approve.

Well, that's enough depressing news for one day. I'm sure I've lost readership (such as it was) over these topics. Who needs to hear why someone else is miserable? I don't know. Sorry to anyone else who is still reading, waiting for some iota of entertainment value. Sorry.

Take care, and I will blog ya later,
R

No comments: