http://www.zazzle.com/artology*

Friday, March 9, 2007

Confession

I guess I need to confess (hey, that rhymes!) that on Tuesday I actually gained a pound after my vacation. I have been telling myself it's because of bloating and because I ate extra even on days when I was in the car a lot. I didn't stray from the plan at all, but I guess I should have made modifications for being in the car. I probably didn't drink enough water, either. Not good. Not good at all.

So I'm back on track this week and hoping for better news on Tuesday. I really think it's nothing to worry about, but I didn't really want to publicize my disappointment. But I guess someone else might benefit from hearing about it, especially someone else trying to lose weight. All I can really do is what I've been doing, and then see if I need to make changes when I see my weight results next week. So far, the plan has been working, so I have only vacation and car time to blame. I really think it's the most plausible explanation. I mean, I really stuck to the plan, even when I REALLY didn't want to, like when I smelled fried catfish and wanted it, saw delicious chicken-fried steak and wanted it, when I craved Doritos and passed them up . . . Countless times. I didn't even get my customary car-trip scone at Starbucks! That's dedication! Really!

So I'm going to be smarter this week, drink lots of water, and as my former doctor in San Antonio put it, "Pee like a horse!" It's funnier when he says it, since he has a strong accent and an intimidating voice. You don't expect him to say stuff like that! Anyway, that's my strategy for the week.

I've been tired after a massive grocery trip yesterday that took several trips to the trunk to unload, and two loads of laundry to fold and put away. My muscles are hella sore. So now I need a resting day. Vacuuming tomorrow, maybe. I need to visit my Millie (mother-in-law) tomorrow since she's having back surgery on Wednesday and could use some friendly distractions. But otherwise we have no plans this weekend. Sounds nice.

Later, folks. Talk to you soon.
R

No comments: