http://www.zazzle.com/artology*

Thursday, March 15, 2007

More surprises from E

Yesterday, my toddler son surprised me with an unusual request. I'm sure parents of toddlers know how unusual my son can be--that he sleeps until 9:00 am, that he eats broccoli, will have a bowlful of black olives at mealtime, and more . . . But yesterday afternoon, while I was on the phone with my sister, CJ, he actually asked me if he could take a bath!

Yep, asked me if he could bathe. That was easy! Wow! And all he did while he was in there was play with a simple rubber duck. Sat there in the tub and squeeze it for about 15 minutes. Doesn't get easier than that. I think I got pretty lucky in the son department . . .

Today, he caught me putting a shirt over my bra. I was struggling to pull it over my elbows, and he stopped right next to me, poked me on the side of my bra, and just said, "Fruit on dere." Hmm. Then I realized that the bra was Fruit of the Loom, so there was fruit there, but I would say that was the last thing I expected him to say while catching me putting on a shirt.

The best surprises are the unexpected I-love-yous and the unprompted hugs, but all the surprises make him such an adventure. Like the last time I made him a quesadilla, then, tasting it, he looked at me and said, "It's good," with an approving nod. And when he tells me how much he does not want to eat eggplant, but will try it anyway. At least one bite, then decide if he doesn't like it. Then he'll clean his plate. What a great boy.

I'm still stuffed up and sleepless. So that's all I will write for now. I will catch up later.

R

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Don't you just love the unexpected fun that the little ones bring to the family? Sounds like E is growing up a little more everyday! Hope you feel better soon!
Big R

BB said...

I feel better, but not 100 per cent yet. My little one is priceless, I tell you. We couldn't imagine life without him. He's always making us smile!

R