http://www.zazzle.com/artology*

Saturday, March 24, 2007

Getting some sleep . . .

. . . finally!

My son got the immunization that he was supposed to have gotten on Monday, and now I can stop losing sleep over it. I really hate when he has to get shots, partly because I have to stand there helplessly while someone injures my boy, and partly because I never know what kind of reaction he will have afterward. Will there be fevers, pains, fussiness, lack of appetite? I don't know. And it could make my week a lot tougher, caring for him and trying to care for myself in the meantime.

Well, it went fine. He got a lollipop and all was well. He has had soreness and lack of appetite, but that's about all. Some Tylenol and he's fine. I hate hearing him cry and even beg for medicine, it just seems very sad. And I feel like an evil witch for having subjected him to such torture quite voluntarily, no matter what the benefits of immunizations are. I still feel evil after that. So then I spoil him with a happy meal and a book from Half Price. He was very excited about that.

And my other errands got done this week, too, including getting my prescriptions set up with the new insurance and talking to the doctor about my abdominal pain. He pretty much passed the buck on to my ob/gyn, but at least I talked to him about it. I hope the gynecologist knows what to do. I really dread another health care battle like I had with the hypothyroidism. I hope they can figure out what's wrong without my having to beg them, and plead with them to believe me that something is indeed wrong with me. I hope. I will probably lose sleep over this, now that E is fine. I guess there's always something.

W
ell, I guess I can hit the hay, or at least try. Until next time, g'night.

R

No comments: