http://www.zazzle.com/artology*

Saturday, March 10, 2007

Did I say that?

I guess I did, because my boy repeated it back to me today. This is how it went:

I was getting ready to meet over at my in-laws when my son walked in the room. As a finishing touch, I decided to use a body spray that I had gotten a while ago at Bath and Body Works. As I'm misting the spray over my body, my son asks, "What, you don't smell too good today?"

I laughed at the unexpected question, then I think I just agreed with him. I must have said it once while I was using the spray once before, and I guess I told him that I used it when I don't smell good. I guess. I don't really remember. I'm not sure where he might have picked that up, though, except for me.

We ran around in the backyard for a little bit after we got home. For some reason, this reminded E of something he had seen on tv, and he told me, "The Mythbusters said, 'ahhh!' when the fire came up in the Mythbusters' house." Sounds like lots of episodes of Mythbusters! But I smiled and said, "Yeah!" with some mock enthusiasm. He liked this idea all of a sudden, and says, "We're the Mythbusters! We're the Mythbusters guys!" Of course, his idea of pretending to be the Mythbusters is just to keep running around the yard exactly as before, only occasionally reconfirming that we are indeed Mythbusters. Then he wanted to use the pooper scooper. Weird boy.

I can't sleep for some reason, so I thought I'd blog a bit. I should try again, though. Never give up! I'll catch that sleep! It can't hide from me forever! Sooner or later, it'll get tired. I'm watching and waiting . . . Then I'll catch some sleep.

Laters,
R

No comments: