http://www.zazzle.com/artology*

Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Happy Anniversary!

This is a belated post--my anniversary was Friday, March 2! We hit the big 0-5 wedding anniversary, and went out of town for a vacation to Hot Springs, AR.

The things I love about my husband:

  • He says, "I love you," every day.
  • He kisses me good-night.
  • He has a way of saying just the right thing at just the time when I need to hear it.
  • He thanks me for cooking dinner and for putting the baby to bed, even though I do it every day.
  • He has a great sense of humor--weird, rude, and often self-deprecating.
  • He's actually excited about getting our lawn green this summer. He bought a book about it and everything--it's bedtime reading. :)
  • He remembers to encourage me without pushing me--a tough thing to do.
  • He asked me to marry him before I had even started my medications or therapy--I'm surprised I was lovable at ALL!
  • He proposed to me in Paris, France! A romantic proposal . . .
  • When he met me for the first time, he brought gifts for my dog.
  • During a romantic interlude in a hotel room, we forgot to close the door all the way. I was horribly embarrassed, and to diffuse the situation he snickered, "Did you hear those people earlier? Geesh, get a room, People!"
  • He rubbed my knees and helped me down every single flight of stairs when my knees had become horribly inflamed and painful on vacation a few years ago. I couldn't even bend my legs when I woke up in the morning, they had swollen so badly.
  • He always tries to talk to my Grandmother in Spanish, and listens even when she goes into a guilt trip tirade.
  • He's a fantastic father who loves and plays with his son daily, carries him on his shoulders even when it hurts, changes diapers, takes him to his grandma's when I need a break, and much, much more.
  • He gives me spontaneous foot rubs while we're sitting on the sofa watching tv.
  • He tells me I'm beautiful, sexy, fun . . . Things you can never hear too often . . .
  • He's mine--all mine! :)
I love you, Honey! Happy 5th Anniversary!
R

No comments: