http://www.zazzle.com/artology*

Sunday, February 4, 2007

Welcome to the Experiment

I've decided to move from MSN Spaces to Blogger, mainly to get my domain name, and also to find some more flexibility with my blog.

A little about me:

I'm bipolar, a mother of a toddler, wife, and homemaker. I'm home a lot, responsible for the life and well-being of a child, and yet I feel many times like I need a caretaker myself. There are days when it's hard to get out of bed, hard to move, hard to function. So I struggle sometimes.

I've recently moved from the city where I grew up to another about 5 hours away. My family still lives there, including my mother, father, 2 sisters, and brother-in-law. Life can get dull when you don't have friends or contacts in a new city, and often I get lonely or depressed. Recently I've joined Weight Watchers to try to make some headway in losing the weight I've gained with my medications, thyroid deficiency, and my recently diagnosed ovarian cyst. All can lead to weight gain. Going to the meetings give me some sense of a social life, and I get to meet people. I like going, especially since I've been losing weight.

What else can I say? Just that I should be in bed instead of typing here. Insomnia is another one of those bipolar symptoms I've become so accustomed to. I'll try to give some insights into bipolar disorder when I get a chance, and how I manage to deal with my life in spite of those difficulties. It is not my intention to whine or expect sympathy, just to let people understand what it's like to be bipolar. Maybe you know someone who is bipolar, or who you think might be. Maybe reading about bipolar disorder will help you understand what that person is going through. Maybe you'll learn ways in which you can help.

There are days when I have much more of a sense of humor than I do tonight, but that's probably because I'm sleepy. Why am I not in bed? I don't know, really. I got up to take notes for my doctor's appointment (I try to record concerns and questions for my doctor before I go) and then I started to surf the net. Why do I do that? I know I'll always end up on my computer longer than I think I will be. But I never seem to learn that lesson. At least I'm not poking around on eBay. That can get dangerous.

Guess I'll go nighty-night, now that it's early morning. Catch ya later. Ta.

R

No comments: