http://www.zazzle.com/artology*

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Ennui

Fancy French word for an indefinable boredom. That's what I've been going through lately. I just don't know how else to describe it or what to do about it. Maybe it's a bipolar thing. Maybe it's a depression thing. Or maybe it's because I've moved away from the people I know and love--except for my son and husband. But it's lonely during the day when my husband is at work.

My sis CJ calls me daily, usually. It's always nice to hear from her, and she lets me know I'm not alone. I feel like I haven't seen her in ages, mostly because we used to see each other 2 or 3 times a week, at least! Talking on the phone just isn't the same. And I've given up on trying to weaken the twin bond, and our twin dependence. We have always been good friends and enjoy each other's company, and heck, that's probably the way it will always be. It's weird living in another city from her, and I'm starting to think it just isn't possible. Maybe she'll be able to move here, or else she'll move somewhere cool where C will want us to follow! Hey, I can hope! :)

I'm working on a post to let people know a few things about me, some of the more unusual details. I'm a strange person, I tell ya. You'll probably find out the next time you read, if you haven't found out already. Maybe I'll teach you a bit about life with the mentally ill. Some strangeness, I assure you. And you'll hear about my favorite things, and my Discovery Channel addiction, pet peeves, all that good stuff.

Later,
R

2 comments:

Missy said...

After reading your blog so far, I wonder if you have seen the website www.stopthethyroidmadness.com

I have learned that there is a definite link between hypothyroidism and bipolar, OCD and other mental disorders. Many people get well when they get on adequate thyroid medication. Feel free to join our forums at the Stop the Thyroid Madness site..there is one on Mental Health and Thyroid.

BB said...

Thanks for your comment and for your interest.

I do study hypothyroidism and mental illness on a regular basis, and I have done my part to regulate my thyroid medications. I can tell you from experience that treating the thyroid problem doesn't end the depression, etc, and that those must be treated separately. Once on proper medications for both conditions, I feel better. Not perfect, but who is? Know what I mean? I've been "euthroid" for quite a while now.

I will check out your forum for some additional information. It does sound interesting. Thanks again for your comment.

R