http://www.zazzle.com/artology*

Monday, February 5, 2007

Salad Tongs

Today was my appointment to see my new gynecologist. It's never really fun. It's like having salad tongs shoved up your hoo-hoo.

This guy was really friendly and talkative, and he was telling me stories about his kids, gesticulating as he examined my nethers . . . It was kinda weird. He seemed nice, funny, compassionate.

Is it odd that he gave a new patient a hug at the end of the appointment?

Seems odd to me. I'm often mistaken for being younger than I am, mostly because I'm short. You'd be surprised how people treat you when you're short. My sis, CJ, once had someone pat her on the head until she told him she was 27. But the doc saw my chart and must have known I was 35. Maybe it's the short thing. Maybe I'm just making a mountain . . .

Anyway, then I made the trek over to Wal-Mart for groceries and to buy Mister E a new toy (I promised him some shopping money, and he was well-behaved through my doc appointment). Anyone from San Antonio knows how much I miss my HEB stores, but Wal-Mart is probably the best option here in Fort Worth. It was crowded and hectic, especially as it got later in the afternoon and people got off work, and we were still there trying to finish our shopping. I can't even tell you how hard it was just to buy breakfast cereal. And the produce? Forget about it!

But E found a toy and we got our shopping done--my feet are aching! And I found out that I can have Pizza Rolls on Weight Watchers (10 points for a dozen!) so I had those for dinner. I've lost 6 pounds so far, and my weigh-in is tomorrow evening. I've really been trying hard to follow the plan, and it's by far the easiest I've encountered in my life thus far, and I faced some challenges this past week. For one thing, I had to face pizza Sunday afternoon, and I didn't want to use any Flex Points and I didn't want to blow my diet. I had already eaten. Then yummy smelling pizza was thrust in my face! How cruel to do that to someone, especially when they know I'm dieting! But I resisted. I really did. I waited until I got home to eat dinner. It was really hard, but I did it. I'm proud of myself.

It's only Monday.

Laters,
R

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was wondering if I can link your "NEW" site on my Blogs I Visit list?

Big R

BB said...

Absolutely!

Thank you!
R