http://www.zazzle.com/artology*

Saturday, February 10, 2007

TGIS

I tell ya, yesterday I had a terrifying moment where I thought it was Thursday. ACK! C didn't help at all, he told me today would be Friday and let me sulk for a while before he admitted it would be Saturday. I was too tired yesterday to even know what day it was. I had done tons of laundry, washed and folded, picked up toys, made the beds, washed dishes, etc. I was exhausted. The only thing that got me through it all was thinking, "Tomorrow is Saturday, tomorrow is Saturday." When I thought it wasn't, I got really bummed. But obviously today is Saturday after all.

We didn't do much, but we did go to Chick-Fil-A for lunch, where I met a mom of a 3-year-old who was also new to the area. She gave me lots of ideas for places to go with E, even her phone number so we could get together. One of the best ideas, I thought, that she told me about was a preschool craft class at Michael's that's only 2 bucks, including supplies. That's right up my alley, I tell ya. And I'd love to get E interested in art. It's something that he and I could enjoy together. Sounds like fun.

Then we went grocery shopping, came home, and I crashed for a long nap. My dog slept by my side, something that always makes me feel extra cozy, and also makes it extra hard to get up. C finally woke me, and said it was getting late. Then we put some more knobs on our cabinets and ate dinner. Well, sort of. I just ate a bagel with strawberry cream cheese, a Weight Watchers ice cream bar, and a small WW chocolate cake. I guess I just felt like having sweets or something. So that's what I ate. Stuck to my points nonetheless.

Well, as far as events, this weekend was slow. But I've still been feeling like I want something, but I don't know what it is. I also feel like something is wrong that hasn't been diagnosed. Two feelings that have been leaving me feeling distracted and preoccupied. Perhaps I'll go to my doctor before my next appointment, just for some peace of mind. I don't know if I can take it much longer, knowing there is a diagnosis to be made . . . I guess. I guess something is wrong. I don't know. But I feel like I know for sure that there is something. Doctors always make me feel like a hypochondriac or a worrier, which drives me nuts. I've been right before, when they've all been wrong. I guess I'm not looking forward to the possibility of an all-out battle over my health care. I've been there, and it took a lot out of me physically and mentally. I formed a lot of my opinions about doctors and the medical community during that ordeal. I'm sure a lot of people out there know what I'm talking about.

Anyway, guess I'll go take my meds and do some reading or something. Try to relax. Take care, all, and I'll be back soon for more mindless babbling.

Laters,
R

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think your persistence will pay off. Just don't give up. You know your body better than the doctors do, so I don't think it's being a hypochondriac to say "I think something's wrong". Being a hypochondriac would involve diagnosing yourself and thinking you have cancer just from something minor and the like. Hopefully it will turn out easy to treat and not too expensive. But, if you know something's wrong, make that doctor's appointment. Hope everything turns out okay. Let me know.