http://www.zazzle.com/artology*

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Is it just me?

Or do other people out there really enjoy making up new words? I tend to do it a lot, so I guess I must really enjoy it. It's a lot more fun now, too, since my son has developed enough of a vocabulary to know what I'm talking about.

The other day, I was a little goofy, and I tried to tell E about it. I had been doing stupid things, like going over to the dishwasher to get a cup out, then opening the cabinet next to it instead . . . Things like that. Then I'd look in the cabinet wondering why the trash was there and not the dishes . . . So I told E I was a bit goofy. Then I said I would get better, "I'll de-goof-ify," I told him. He started laughing, then I asked him, "Is that a word?"

He actually said, "No," my little 3-year-old, and smiled.

"Oh," I said. Smart boy. Like when I was teaching him shapes and he had learned the octagon. We had associated it with a stop sign, so I was joking and told him it was a "stopagon". He laughed, knowing fully that it was not a "stopagon" at all! I can't fool that boy, even though he's so young.

So, there, you just learned something new about me. Oh, and there's more . . . Much more . . .

:)
R

No comments: